The new construction home market is expected to pick up significantly this year, so here is what we suggest when buying a new construction home!
- Weigh the pros and cons. It's easy to get caught up in the new and shiny, but we suggest really thinking on whether these homes actually fit your lifestyle.
- Find a great agent. You're going to want someone who has some new construction home buying experience!
- Get negotiating! Consider asking for the builder to pay closing costs or perform upgrades at no additional charge.
- Get an Inspection and Home Warranty. Make your sales contract contingent on a final home inspection by a professional you hire. Never assume that because a home is newly constructed, it isn't going to have defects.
- Get everything in writing! Don’t sign anything until everything has been negotiated, agreed upon and written into the contract.
Happy home hunting! We're always here for your real estate needs!