We look forward to making this the best resource for information about real estate, our local area, fun tips and current topics that impact you. Please feel free to comment on our posts if you have questions or reactions to share. If there is anything you'd like to see us write about, we'd love to hear your ideas.
With the start of the new year comes the start of a fresh real estate market (so to speak!). Here's a look at the top 5 trends for 2017:
1. More credit. This means, more buyers. Fortune Magaine writes:
Mortgage credit will likely be more widely available due to slightly looser lending standards... and the Federal Housing Administration will likely lower fees it charges first-time homebuyers.
2. Millennials and boomers will be big buyers. According to CBS news:
A number of factors are contributing to this generation's decision to start buying homes. More jobs are being created for 25- to 34-year-olds than any other age group, and wages are rising. Millennials are also reaching an age at which they're thinking about marriage and children. Baby boomers, the oldest of whom are entering their late 60s, are also looking to move as they reach their retirement years.
3. Competition will grow fiercer. Forbes writes:
In 2017 sellers will maintain the edge over buyers as demand is expected to increase. In 2016 the typical homes stayed on the market for just 52 days, about a week faster than in 2015 and the fastest year since Redfin began measuring in 2009. The brokerage expects 2017 to be even faster.
4. Homeowners could see their equity rise! AOL weighs in with:
While the National Association of Realtors is projecting a slowdown in home prices, other housing industry experts are taking a different stance. CoreLogic, for example, is forecasting a price increase of 5.2% through September 2017. If home prices increase at that rate or close to it, some homeowners could see their home equity rise.
Having more equity in your home is a plus if you're hoping to sell your home or refinance. The more equity you've built up in your property, the more you stand to make if you decide to sell your house. If you're refinancing to pull equity out of your home for a major renovation, a higher equity value will give you more borrowing power.
5. The market will continue to thrive! US New and World Report concludes:
The loosening of lending standards, expanding new home starts, increased equity and home values, and historically low mortgage rates will continue to fuel the real estate market throughout 2017. Optimism in the face of uncertainty may not always run hand-in-hand with reality, but today’s fears will be allayed by tomorrow’s victories.
Looks like a great year to consider buying and/or selling!
We're always here for your real estate needs,
Instagram has become one of the biggest social platforms out there, featuring thousands upon thousands of gorgeous homes. Here are the top 5 currently inspiring us!
1. @luxemagazine - Curated design inspiration from behind-the-scenes of Luxe Interiors + Design magazine.
2. @housebeautiful - Life beings at Home.
3. @circahouses - An online, curated old house market place. Browse. Indulge. Find your dream home.
4. @horschinteriors - Antiques and Interior Design near Hamburg
5. @bunnywilliamshome - Bunny Williams home is a unqiue line of home furnishings and accessories designed by Bunny Williams
Wishing you all happy Monday!
The new construction home market is expected to pick up significantly this year, so here is what we suggest when buying a new construction home!
- Weigh the pros and cons. It's easy to get caught up in the new and shiny, but we suggest really thinking on whether these homes actually fit your lifestyle.
- Find a great agent. You're going to want someone who has some new construction home buying experience!
- Get negotiating! Consider asking for the builder to pay closing costs or perform upgrades at no additional charge.
- Get an Inspection and Home Warranty. Make your sales contract contingent on a final home inspection by a professional you hire. Never assume that because a home is newly constructed, it isn't going to have defects.
- Get everything in writing! Don’t sign anything until everything has been negotiated, agreed upon and written into the contract.
Happy home hunting! We're always here for your real estate needs!
We have just under one month until Spring Market officially begins! If you're thinking of selling, now is good time to start preparing your home for sale. Here are our top 5 suggestions:
- Paint! A fresh coat of paint can make everything feel completely fresh again.
- Shine the floors.
- Do a deep clean and/or clean the bathrooms. For the bathrooms: replace missing tiles, re-caulk the moldy areas.
- Eliminate any odors. Hide the litter box, spray air neutralizer. Consider adding in fresh flowers instead!
- Improve! Improvements not only help the house sell faster, they can help it sell for more money! Look into upgrading your kitchen, making repairs to the exteriors, and/or improving your landscaping
If you can't decide where to spend and where to save when getting your home ready for sale, then start working with a real estate agent. Knowledgeable agents know the market, but they also know what will give you the biggest return on your improves.
BackgroundCheck.org ranked North Attleboro as the #1 safest town in Massachusetts for 2016!
Massachusetts is the most populous state in New England and the 15th most populous in US. Home to 6.7 million residents, and 80% of the population living in the greater Boston area.
Their list was complied based on FBI violent crime stats and proprietary Backgroundchecks.org research data.
The article included the following North Attleboro:
Officially North Attleborough, this town in Bristol County is home to 28,700 residents. Located on the Rhode Island border and approximately 40 miles from Boston, the community has a strong history in button-making and jewelry over several centuries. It is also the safest place to live in Massachusetts, with no violent crime at all and the chance of being affected by property crime here just 1.5%.
RE/MAX Real Estate Center is proud to have an office in the North Attleboro community. Our agents are some of the most knowledgeable, hardworking and fun-loving! Check out this page to learn more about our team there!